Do Not Wait to Call a Personal Injury Attorney After a Boating Accident
Boating accidents frequently result in severe injuries that need immediate medical attention. Although there are several variables that contribute to boat accidents, the majority are caused by careless or irresponsible activity such as drunk boating, speeding, or inattention.
At DLC Law we have the experience, resources, and passion to help clients recover the compensation they are due for medical costs, lost wages, and other damages. Call us today at (626) 285-8815 if you have suffered an injury in a boating accident.
There are many potential causes of boating accidents
In California, boating is a year-round pastime, which explains why we have among the highest boating accident rates in the country. Each year, hundreds of people are wounded and many are killed in watercraft accidents. Victims and their families frequently worry about how they will pay for medical bills and lost wages.
At DLC Law we realize how devastating the aftermath of a catastrophic watercraft accident can be. We are committed to assisting our clients in obtaining the most compensation available as fast as feasible.
There are many potential negligent causes for these accidents, including:
- Boating under the influence. Operating a boat while intoxicated is a significant cause of boating accidents in the United States, and California is no exception. Our attorneys will examine toxicology results and crash records, as well as speak with witnesses, to see if alcohol impairment had a factor in your accident. If that’s the case, we can assist you in pursuing punitive damages in addition to compensating you for your monetary and non-monetary losses.
- Driving a boat at too high a speed not only makes it more difficult to manage, but it also raises the risk of injury or death in the case of a collision. Our lawyers will examine your case and may enlist the help of accident reconstruction specialists to show that speeding was a factor in your accident.
- Defective equipment. An equipment malfunction might be caused by a poorly designed or produced item. Our boating accident lawyers might analyze schematics and blueprints, talk with marine parts specialists, and identify all possible responsible parties if a defective item contributed to your collision.
- Being ejected from a boat at a fast rate can cause serious injuries such as fractured bones, dislocated shoulders, soft tissue injury, and head trauma.
- Propeller injuries. Contact with a propeller can result in serious lacerations and even amputations. The majority of these injuries are the result of careless boating.
- Violating regulations. There are stringent rules in California that control who can operate a watercraft, where it can be operated, and how it must be operated. Violations of these laws are not only unlawful, but they can also result in serious injury.
Even when another party was not doing anything illegal, you may have grounds for a claim. We can handle personal injury and wrongful death claims involving novice boaters, inclement weather, and other dangers. We handle matters involving cabin cruisers, yachts, tenders, personal watercraft (wave runners and jet skis), inflatable boats, sailboats, kayaks, canoes, and airboats, among other forms of watercraft.
Now is the time to call a boating accident attorney
If you have been wounded in a boating accident, you should get legal advice as quickly as possible. Within days after your accident, crucial evidence that can be utilized to show culpability and damages may be lost.
Our attorneys will begin an inquiry into the cause of your accident right away. We’ll find all possibly responsible parties, conduct communications with the defendant and insurance company, assess your losses, and assist you to avoid costly mistakes.
Personal injury and wrongful death cases have stringent deadlines as well. Your lawsuit will very probably be rejected if the deadline passes. It is critical to speak with a boat accident attorney as quickly as possible.
Please contact our boating accident law firm today to learn more about how we may assist you. Reach out to DLC Law at (626) 285-8815 for a consultation.