Choose a Personal Injury Attorney with Specific Experience in Side-Impact Accidents
Have you suffered significant injuries and extensive car damage as a result of a broadside or T-bone collision? Has your life has been placed on hold because of the actions of another motorist? Are you unable to return to work due to your injury? Do you lack the funds to pay for your medical expenses and auto maintenance?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’re probably asking yourself a lot of questions, such as:
- What options do I have?
- What is the extent of my injuries?
- Who will assist me in paying my bills?
The empathetic auto accident lawyers at DLC Law are here to answer all of your concerns and give a free consultation to assist you in choosing the best course of action. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need legal help right away. To reach one of our dedicated legal professionals call us at (626) 285-8815.
Keep in mind that you have a deadline to file your claim, commonly known as the statute of limitations. So don’t put it off any longer. The sooner we begin working on your case, the better your chances of success.
There can be devastating effects of side-impact collisions
T-bone crashes (also known as broadside or side-impact collisions) are one of the most deadly types of accidents on California’s highways. When one car collides with another, the region where passengers are most vulnerable is instantly impacted. If the collision is powerful enough, the colliding automobile can fully crush the side barrier and penetrate the physical space of the passengers, resulting in catastrophic injury.
A range of injuries can be experienced in a side-impact wreck
T-bone accidents can result in mild to deadly injuries. The following are some of the most common injuries caused by T-bone collisions:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Neck and back problems such as whiplash
- Displacement of the hip and shoulder
- Damage to internal organs
- Hearing loss and ear damage
Of course, this is only a partial list of the injuries that can occur in these accidents.
The most common causes of side-impact accidents in California
Side impact collisions are common at junctions, when drivers must exercise extreme caution to observe traffic laws, respect others’ right-of-way, and remain out of oncoming traffic’s path. The following are examples of irresponsible driving practices that frequently lead to such collisions:
- Failing to stop completely at a four-way stop
- Failure to comply
- Failure to stop at a red light
- Making rash decisions
- Driving recklessly or aggressively
- Driving while distracted
- Driving when inebriated or otherwise incapacitated
While the majority of T-bone crashes are caused by driver mistakes, they can also be caused by other circumstances such as brake failure or severe weather.
If you have been injured in a side-impact accident you need an attorney
To identify the cause and culpability for your claim, as well as to obtain the full and reasonable compensation you require to recover, we will:
- Examine your crash with the help of reputable accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and other relevant professionals
- Investigate the accident scene and the cars involved in order to gather evidence that supports your side of the story
- Make a strong legal case to fight for a favorable settlement or a favorable verdict
Contact us today to learn more about how DLC Law can assist you. Please allow us to handle your legal affairs so that you may concentrate on healing. Call us now at (626) 285-8815.